Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Reflection Emerging Technologies

Over the past several weeks of this course I have come to realize that technology in education has endless possibilities. The new emerging technologies that are filtering into the learning environment are a bit overwhelming at times and for a digital immigrant like myself, I found it hard to realize that technology is and will be an intragel part of my students now and in the future. I must adopt the reality of it all and accept the challenge ahead of me if I want to be the best at my field and for the education of my life-long learners. When I chose technology to recieve a Master's in, I knew it would be difficult and frustrating at times but if I want my 21st century students to be the best they can be, I have to be able to demonstrate and model 21st technology and implement it my lesson and their learning. I am very pleased that this course allowed me to research some new ideas on how to approach some new methods and technologies that will be benefical for all types of learners. I really enjoyed this course and it set my mind at ease a bit knowing I was already have been using an emerging technology with my game playing in my lessons. I do though have a long way to go and so does the district I teach in. The finacial set backs that public education has taken in Michigan out weigh the gains. It will be up to individuals to find grants to suppliment the cost of educational needs and technology. I hope in the near future to start asking for grant money to provide my learners with the best possible chance to use what they know about technology and amend my lessons to provide them with a 21st century learning environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment